Cooking : 20 minutes
Serve(s) : 12
COD FRITTERS WITH MANGO YOGURT SAUCEAppetizer
A Caribbean classic with a creamy touch to top off the texture. An immoderate explosion of flavours for your intimate aperitifs among friends.
Preparation : 20 minutes Cooking : 20 minutes Serve(s) : 12
- 1 cup (250 ml)water
- 1 cup (250 ml)milk
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 9 oz (375 g)fresh cod
- 6 egg yokes
- 10 oz (300 g)flour
- 10 oz (300 g) milk
- 1/2 cup (100 g)Olympic Krema plain yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 bunch parsley, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 oz (60 g)sweet pepper, finely diced
- 4 tsp (20 ml)Jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 1/2 oz (45 g)baking powder (chemical leavening agent)
- A pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (243 g)Olympic Krema mango yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 ml)Sambal Oelek
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Poach the cod in the water and milk for 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove and crumble the cod.
In a bowl, use a whisk to beat the egg yokes, flour, milk, yogurt, and salt and pepper. Add the cod and the remaining ingredients and continue stirring until a uniform consistency is reached. Check the seasoning (salt and pepper).
Preheat the deep fryer oil or heat about 1 litre of oil in a saucepan.
Using a tablespoon, add part of the mixture to the warm oil. Deep-fry for about 1 minute, until the balls are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
To prepare the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Check the seasoning.
Serve the cod fritters with the sauce.