Cooking : 15 minutes
Serve(s) : 12
LEMON YOGURT SCONESDessert
Deliciously moist and flavourful. Serve with dried fruit and flavour with orange.
Preparation : 25 minutes Cooking : 15 minutes Serve(s) : 12
- 2 cups (500 ml)all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml)sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml)baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml)baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml)salt
- Zeste of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml)cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (243 g)Olympic Organic lemon yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml)water mixed with 1 egg
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and zest.
Add the butter and mix until the butter cubes are the size of green peas.
Add the yogurt, stirring just enough to moisten the dough.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a thickness of about 2.5 cm (1 inch).
Cut out the scones using a 5-cm (2-inch) cookie cutter.
Place them on a baking sheet and brush with the egg wash.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.