Cooking : 45 minutes
Serve(s) : 5
OLYMPIC OKANAGAN GRANOLABreakfasts
This granola is easy to make, tastes great and you can substitute any nut you wish, and add dried fruit or coconut to personalize it.
It can be doubled or tripled, keeps well and makes a great breakfast or host/hostess gift.
Preparation : 5 minutes Cooking : 45 minutes Serve(s) : 5
- 4 cupslarge flake oats
- 1 cupchopped hazelnuts
- ½ cupcup honey
- ¼ cuphazelnut butter
- 1 tsp.salt
- 1 tbsp.freshly grated ginger
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- Mix together oats and hazelnuts in a large bowl.
- Combine honey, hazelnut butter, ginger and salt in a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat stirring constantly until well combined, about 3 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oats and hazelnuts mixture and toss carefully with your hands being careful not to burn yourself.
- Put the mixed granola on a sheet pan covered with a piece of parchment paper and bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
Add granola to your yogurt and fruit for a delicious and nutritious start to your morning!