Ultima Foods Inc.
- What is personal information;
- Information we collect;
- Information gathered with technology;
- Security against information loss and theft; and
What is personal information
Personal information is any information about an identifiable person including the name, address, telephone number and e-mail address but excluding the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Ultima collects only personal information that you provide voluntarily. You may also provide us information about products that you have purchased.
Information we collect
We collect personal information from you only for the purposes we identify to you at or prior to the time we collect such personal information. When we do collect personal information, the purposes for which your personal information is to be used will be identified to you.
Ultima may collect and use your personal information:
- To update and verify your personal information that may already be in our database;
- To respond to your inquiries and comments;
- To register you for certain features on our websites;
- To administer our programs;
- To conduct surveys, contests and promotions [in the case of contest entry information, we reserve the right to publish the winner’s name on our websites];
- To distribute, market, provide and inform you about Ultima products by sending you newsletters, promotional information, product samples, coupons, and/or e-mails provided you have subscribed to receive such marketing materials;
- To help us understand your interests and develop new products and services that meet your needs;
- To comply with any laws or regulations and to cooperate with law enforcement inquiries; and
- For any other purpose to which you consent. For example, some individuals may apply for a job opening and send us their resume.
We do not sell or redistribute personal information that we collect. Unless you consent in writing or unless disclosure is required by law, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party except as provided below.
Ultima may disclose your personal information:
- To third party service providers with assurance that such third party service providers use the personal information only as is required to perform the task they have been retained for, and agree to follow policies compliant with privacy laws;
- If you have entered into and won one of our contests, your name and city of residence may be published by us or one of the Contest sponsors. Please check the specific contest rules for details;
- To any other third parties, with your consent to such collection, use or disclosure.
Information gathered with technology
Ultima uses reasonable efforts to ensure we obtain the appropriate form of consent. In determining the appropriate form of consent, Ultima takes into account the sensitivity of the information provided. If there are purposes for which we intend to use your personal information other than the purposes for which the initial consent has been given and beyond what you may reasonably expect, we will obtain further consent.
You may opt-out of being contacted and withdraw consent from having your personal information used for marketing purposes or from having your personal information used for market research purposes. Newsletters, promotional material and e-mails sent by Ultima will detail how you may optout of being contacted. Withdrawing consent or opting-out may in some instances result in your inability to participate in certain programs, features or promotions.
Security against personal information loss and theft
We never knowingly solicit, collect, store or disclose personal information from children who are under 16 years of age. We may collect and use only the contact information, i.e. the name, home address, e-mail address and/or telephone numbers of a child 13 to 16 years of age. If a child under the age of 16 wishes to disclose to us personal information, he/she must provide us with his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s e-mail address so that we can obtain express consent to the collect and use of his/her contact information. If a child under 16 has already provided us with personal information, his/her parent or legal guardian may contact us for the purpose of correcting or deleting such information.
Retention of personal information
We will only keep your personally identifiable information for as long as it is required for internal business purposes and in order to satisfy various accounting and legal requirements. When we no longer require information, we will take steps to ensure that it is destroyed, or that your personally identifiable information is removed.
You have the right to have a copy of the personal information you provide to us, and to correct or update your personal information. Upon written request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you an opportunity to review your personal information.
405 The West Mall, Suite 1000
Canada M9C 5J1
– or –
In your letter, please describe, in as much detail as possible, the manner in which you believe we have not complied with our Privacy Statement. We will investigate your complaint promptly.
Also, please note that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of non- Ultima websites to which Ultima or any other Ultima websites may link.