Carrot cake and yogurt waffles
Waffles with a nice touch of originality!
For the mixture
- 250 ml (1 cup) all purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) of wheat flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) ground nutmeg
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) ground clove
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) Olympic Krema Plain yogurt
- Zest of an orange
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) finely grated carrots
- 60 ml (¼ cup) plain Krema yogurt 11%
- Fruit of choice
- Maple syrup
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and add ginger.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, orange peel and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add carrots and mix well.
- In the oiled waffle maker, pour the amount of dough needed for a waffle and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Do the same for all waffles.
- Garnish to taste and serve.