Leek and mushroom soup
Use a variety of mushrooms for this leek and mushroom soup.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp)olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp)butter
- 1 L (4 cups)chicken broth
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb (454 g)assorted wild mushrooms (portobello, porcini, shiitake), sliced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) flour
- 364 g (1 ½ cups) Olympic Organic plain yogurt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp)of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and butter and sauté the leek, carrot and garlic until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and continue cooking until golden.
- Sprinkle with flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking and stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the broth, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and heat without boiling. Garnish with parsley.