Lemon yogurt scones
Deliciously moist and flavourful. Serve with dried fruit and flavour with orange.
- 2 cups (500 ml)all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml)sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml)baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 ml)baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 ml)salt
- Zeste of 1 lemon
- ½ cup (125 ml)cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (243 g)Olympic Organic lemon yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml)water mixed with 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and zest.
- Add the butter and mix until the butter cubes are the size of green peas.
- Add the yogurt, stirring just enough to moisten the dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a thickness of about 2.5 cm (1 inch).
- Cut out the scones using a 5-cm (2-inch) cookie cutter.
- Place them on a baking sheet and brush with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.