Skip to content
Serve hot with a dollop of Krema maple yogurt. The perfect complement to those cool autumn mornings.
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- ½ tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) pumpkin purée
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- ½ cup (122 g) Olympic Organic No fat french vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (250 ml) pecans, grilled and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and grease with butter.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, yogurt, egg and melted butter.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until the dough is slightly moist.
- Add the pecans.
- Pour the dough into the pan and cook for about 40 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Makes one loaf.