- Recipe Main course
- Preparation10 minutes
- Cook Time40 minutes
A full-flavoured recipe that’s easy to prepare.
- 2 lbs (1 kg)chicken pieces, skin removed
- ¼ cup (60 ml)melted butter, to drizzle
- 1 cup (243 g)Olympic organic plain yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) paprika
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cardamom
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coriander seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin seeds
- &frac½; tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) turmeric
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garnish with lemon wedges
- Score the chicken pieces and place them in a baking dish.
- Purée the remaining ingredients, except the lime slices and butter, in a blender.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight, turning the chicken pieces occasionally.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 45 to 60 minutes, drizzling occasionally with the melted butter.
- Garnish with lime wedges.